Background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve Night

In usual tradition, we celebrated Christmas Eve by attending our church's candlelight service and then hosting the Rogers Family for an evening of good food and presents. Ava was in sick mode and had been on antibiotics for 2 days when it was Christmas Eve. Harrison was snotty and by night's end, I had to call the pediatrician because it was obvious that he had pink eye. Other than that, it was a wonderful evening. Church was beautiful, Ava played hand bells, my voice held out where I could sing "Breath of Heaven," and I enjoyed watching the faces in candlelight as we sang "Silent Night." It is such a thing of beauty to see.


Dinner was delicious, if I do say so myself and the kids got so many wonderful presents. My only regret is that I didn't take many pictures. I hope Aunt Bethany picked up my slack and I can download hers eventually!


We stayed up way too late and almost forgot to hang the stockings! We had not hung them because we knew Harrison would destroy them. Ava left a note for Santa and then at around 11:00 she finally made it to bed!


Great night, wonderful memories!





Ava with all her presents. Spoiled? Nah...lol

The mess afterwards
Little Cinderella. Thanks Aunt Bethany and Uncle Lester. She loves it!
Harrison was playing on Pop's leg.

Ava leaving the milk and cookies for Santa.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love, love, love your comments!