Background

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Last Day of School

Thursday was Ava's last official day as a preschool. *sniff* It is so hard to believe that the year has gone by and our little girl is headed to Kindergarten. She has had a great year and we have been so blessed that she got a spot in the PreK program. I was so worried at the beginning of the year about how she would fit in and about how she would behave. We have had ours ups and downs through the year with the behavior, but I am very pleased with how she did overall.


  • She can now recite all of her ABC's (and not just in that cute way!).


  • She knows all her letters, she writes all her letters (even though some are sometimes backwards).


  • She knows the sound that each letter makes.

  • She recognizes all numbers up through 10 and then some larger than 10.

  • She knows all of her colors and shapes.


  • She has a firm grasp on opposites.


  • She can use a pair of scissors relatively well.


  • She holds her pencil/crayon in a position that is very close to being correct.


  • She is recognizing some basic sight words and we are working on starting to read.

Okay, so obviously you can tell that I am teacher! :) I keep a close eye on what she is doing and how she is progressing. I know that Ava is very smart and I want her to excel and do well because I know she can. Plus, right now, she LOVES learning and I know that that won't last forever! :)

Here she is showing off one of the 87 water balloons that Bradley and I filled for her Field Day. She had a great time!

Last day as a preschooler.










No comments:

Post a Comment

We love, love, love your comments!