Background

Monday, August 07, 2006

Ava is coming soon...Like at the end of the week!

So sorry that I have been a bad blogger lately. I have just been so tired and exhausted!

Bradley and I went to the doctor this morning and she did another stress test on the baby. Ava is still doing fine and I am having a lot of contractions, but they are not regular enough yet. Dr. Mello checked me out and said that my cervix is thinned out and she can feel the baby's head when she examines me, but I am not really dilated yet. BP was really high 152/108. But we did go ahead and set up the induction. Here is the plan... Follow closely...

1. We call the hospital on Wednesday night @ 6:00. If they have an opening, they will go ahead and let us come in, but they are inducing two other girls that day. So depending on them, I may or may not go in.

2. If we don't go Wed. night, we go to the hospital @ 10 on Thurs. morning. They will hook me up to some type of medicine that finishes ripening my cervix and starts to dilate me. She said this could take a couple of hours or a long, long time.

3. If contractions start on their own, I will be in labor, but if not, they will have to give me pitocin to start the labor.

4. So in summary, she said that just because they start inducing on Wednesday or Thursday does not mean I will have the baby then. It just depends on how fast my body responds to the medicine. I think she is leaning more towards the induction starting on Thursday and the baby coming sometime on Friday.

So, she said we don't need family there because it is going to probably be a long process. When actual labor starts, we will call our parents and let them know, but there is no point in people just hanging around when nothing is happening.

If you want us to call you, respond under the comments section (If you are not registered, I think you can post as anonymous) or e-mail me at tiffanyannrogers@hotmail.com with your number and someone will get in touch with you. (Right now, my mom will be calling people I have programmed into my cell phone.) So just let us know because we don't want anyone left out by mistake.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Love, Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love, love, love your comments!