Background

Monday, October 13, 2008

Scenes from a Monday

I am participating in Ali Edwards's A Week in the Life and she did a challenge a couple of weeks ago to carry your camera around and document a week in your life. I tried to do it a couple of weeks ago, but things were to crazy and I didn't finish a whole week. Since this is Fall Break, I decided to try again to document this week as a memento for Ava and I to both remember. So today I took photos of different things throughout the day and journaled what happened to do. I warn you that these are not the most exciting things on the planet, but do reflect our daily life and how day to day living was in this particular day in October.

October 13th, A Day in Which:

  • Ava and I got up at 8:45 a.m.

  • Ava was wearing her pajamas that say, "When I grow up, I want to be a fairy princess."

  • We took 3 trips to the potty with no success

  • For breakfast, I ate a leftover sausage biscuit and a little gravy and Ava had oatmeal.

  • Ava watched "Go, Diego, Go," and was really participating with all the gestures and answering questions.

  • Ava made her first smart alek (sp?) reply to me. When I asked her to take a bite of her oatmeal, she pointed at me and said, "No, you take a bite Mommy!" What a fight over oatmeal!

  • We worked on cleaning out the mudroom/scraproom.

  • For several minutes we sat in the kitchen and watched a squirrel climb along our fence.

  • Ava asked to go to the potty, but no dice.

  • We watched Monsters, Inc. on the Disney Channel.

  • I caught Ava behind her play kitchen where she proudly announced, "I'm pooping Mommy!"

  • We used the Halloween cookie cutters to make a peanut butter sandwich for Ava.

  • At 2:00 I took Ava to Nana and Pop's.

  • I continued cleaning and watching Entourage while waiting for Stacy to come over.

  • Stacy and I went to Las Lomas to eat and shovel in the food before joining Weight Watchers.

  • We dropped off a wedding portrait for a client and then headed to Wal-Mart to hunt down thread for Anne. (Didn't find it there or the fabric store)

  • Weighed in at Weight Watchers

  • Picked Ava up from Nana and Pop's

  • Met Dad here at home and watched Backyardigans.

  • Ava - bath time and bed.
  • Me - searching for some Old Fashioned Halloween Games - Bradley - Rolling CoinsSo, I ate the fatty stuff and made Ava eat the yucky stuff. but I had to get it in before WW!
    Poor baby's nose is hurting from all the snottiness.
    We have two of these pumpkins and they are treated like people.

    Sometime when I see this skeleton on the door, I get startled because I think someone is there.


It's amazing that you can cut a shape into a sandwich and a nonsandwich eater will become a sandwich eater.




The map of campaigning. This belongs to Daddy.
My packaged portrait.
She knew the flash was on.



Yeah, I know it is a gross picture, but if I post it on here, it is incentive to keep going to WW.
She was said because she had just hit her head 2 times. On the same thing...

My WW stuff... we'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:52 PM

    Here is the poem I was telling you about. My best friend gave it to me when I had my miscarriage and I just love it. It still makes me cry every time I read it.
    Take care,
    Stephanie


    I'm just a little baby
    who didn't quite make it there;
    I went straight to be with Jesus
    and I'm waiting for you here.

    Don't you fret about me mommy
    I'm of all God's most blessed
    I'd have loved to stay there with you
    but our Heavenly Father knows what's best.

    Many who dwell here where I live
    waited years to enter in,
    they struggled through a world of sorrow
    and their lives were marred with sin.

    So sweet mommy don't be sad,
    wipe those tears and chase the gloom,
    I went straight to be with Jesus,
    from my lovely mothers womb.

    Thank you for the life you gave me,
    it was brief but don't complain;
    I have all of heaven's glory
    suffering none of the world's pain.

    I would have loved to stay with you,
    And lived life by your side,
    But the Lord has called me home,
    I know it's hard to understand why.

    Thank you mommy for making me,
    You made me out of love,
    Someday we'll be together again
    in heaven up above.

    ReplyDelete

We love, love, love your comments!