Background

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve


What a long, but wonderful day. {I'll post pictures later!} I cooked dinner this year (with Bethany's help) for the Rogers family. What a wonderful time. We ate dinner at a little after 3 and I almost made myself sick eating so much. We had Poppy Seed Chicken, Homemade Mashed Potatoes, corn Casserole, Oriental Coleslaw, Honey Glazed Carrots, Sweet Peas, and Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Delicious! For dessert, there was an assortment of candies I had made. After dinner we did some presents and Ava just had a ball opening gifts. Our church held a communion service and it was just beautiful. There were a lot of people there and it was a very enjoyable service. Then we came home, did a few more presents, changed into our pj's from the Christmas Fairy and watched some TV. How much do I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story?


So now I am just sitting here relaxing and taking it all in. This is the first Christmas morning that I will wake up somewhere other than my parents house. In a way it makes me sad and nostalgic, but at the same time it is exciting to be starting new traditions with my husband and baby girl. I have just been taking it all in, not getting too stressed. There are a million and one things I wanted to do that didn't get done and that's okay. I have enjoyed my gifts so far, but I have just been so much more concentrated on the making memories. The gifts are good, but that's not what Christmas is all about. Christmas is about one special baby born over 2000 years ago and we should celebrate that every day of the year, not just on December 25. Just think, that if everyone kept the Christmas spirit alive all year long, what a beautiful place this would be. Just some food for though...


So, with that said, "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love, love, love your comments!