Background

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Disney - Day 2 - Animal Kingdom/Chef Mickey's



Day 2 – Animal Kingdom

Today was a bit of a bust. We decided to go to the Animal Kingdom because we had dinner reservations at Chef Mickey’s which is at another resort. We were hoping for a little less of a crowd than was at Magic Kingdom, but we were sadly mistaken. It was so crowded when we got there that it was impossible to see most of the animals or do anything. We did travel by train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch were Ava got to meet Jiminy Cricket, Pocahontas, and Rafiki. She then got to pet some animals at the petting zoo.

We grabbed a bite to eat and then went to see Finding Nemo, The Musical. Ava really loved this. I enjoyed it to, but Bradley was not a big fan. I started feeling sick during this so we just went back to the hotel to rest a bit before dinner.

Chef Mickey’s was a fabulous character dinner where Ava got to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald. The characters come around to your table for autographs and pictures. Ava loved seeing them all, but when she was down dancing around; Minnie had walked up and accidentally knocked Ava down. I explained to Ava that she was short and Minnie just couldn’t see her, so she reluctantly hugged Minnie. I thought all was well until she woke up the next morning and said, “Minnie stepped on me.” But she has seen Minnie since and is fine.

After dinner we caught the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom in the parking lot and got a few pictures.



























I think these mouse ears shaved onto this animal is just cruel! LOL!



Our towel creation when we came home and a picture of some of our resort.



Chef Mickey's































2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Hi!
    From your phone call last night, Pop and I can tell you are all having a great time.........and we were so glad to hear that!
    Ava looks so sweet in all her different outfits, and I noticed that she even had a St. Patrick's Day shirt!
    You even got good shots of the fireworks, and that's not easy to do. Guess it pays to have a good camera and a great photographer! :)
    Was tickled to see you had something new on your blog today. I know you are busy having fun, but it's great to be able to see some of what you are doing.
    Bradley said we should have come, but when I heard you had 87 degree weather a couple of days, I was oh, so glad to be home! :) Joe would probably have been happy to be in that heat, but not me!!!!!
    Have lots more fun, but most of all, be safe.
    I miss you, Ava, and am anxious to see you again, so you can tell Nana all about all the things you did at Disney World, etc. You don't seem to have time to talk on the phone much........and I can understand that, because you are just so busy doing FUN, FUN, FUN things with Mommy and Daddy! I love you, Sweet Girl!
    We love you all!

    Nana & Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:34 PM

    minnie stepped on me! ROFL!!! i knew you'd have great pics and stories to share! i'm still looking at all of it...

    ReplyDelete

We love, love, love your comments!